Web Site and Mobile App Privacy Policies
Defiance State Bank Website
Collection, Use and Retention of Customer Information. We collect, use and retain information about our customers only where we reasonably believe it would be useful in administering our business, and providing products, services and other opportunities to our customers. We collect and retain information available from public records, market research and credit reports, as well as information you provide to us, only for specific business purposes. We will tell you why we are collecting and retaining it upon your request. We use information to protect and administer our customer's records, accounts and funds; to comply with certain laws and regulations; to help design or improve our products and services; and to understand your financial needs and provide you quality products and outstanding service. If you send us e-mail, we may retain the content of the e-mail and your e-mail address in order to respond to questions or concerns you may have expressed.
Maintenance of Accurate Information. We have implemented procedures to help assure that our customer's financial information is accurate, current and complete in accordance with commercially reasonable standards. While some procedures are required by federal law, we also have procedures for responding to requests to correct inaccurate information in a timely manner, and to update information in a timely manner and remove old information. Customers should notify us immediately at PO Box 279, Defiance, IA 51527 or by phone at 712-748-3561 if they receive information regarding their relationship with us that they believe to be inaccurate.
Restrictions on the Disclosures of Account Information. We do not reveal specific information about our customers' accounts or other personally identifiable data unless (1) our customer requested or authorized it; (2) the information is provided to help complete a transaction initiated by our customer; (3) the information is provided to a reputable credit bureau or similar information reporting agency; or (4) disclosure is lawfully permitted or required.
Maintaining Customer Privacy in Business Relationships with Outside Third Parties. At times it is necessary to provide personally identifiable information about our customers to a third party such as a vendor or service company we hire to provide support or services for one or more of our products. These vendors and service companies agree to safeguard our confidential customer information and must abide by applicable law. We may also share customer information with affiliates or non affiliated third parties in order for our customers to receive information about products and services we believe to be of interest to them. You have the right to limit this sharing and use of information by contacting us at , PO Box 279, Defiance, IA 51527 and making a request in writing.
Internet Web Site. Visitors to the Web site remain anonymous. We do not collect personal identifying information about site users, unless you choose to provide such information. Standard software is used to collect and store ONLY the following non-identifying information about our visitors: the name of the domain from which you access the internet (for example, www.fmctc.com, if you are connecting from an FMCTC account the date and time you access our site; and the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our site. This is the case where confidential information, such as your account number or social security number is requested. Visitors may elect to provide us with personal information via e-mail or our feedback form. This information is used internally, as appropriate, to handle the sender's request and manage the Web site. It is not disseminated or sold to other organizations. Visitors should, however, keep in mind that e-mail is not necessarily secure against interception. If you do not agree with the use of this information, or are not comfortable with the level of privacy, please use the clear button in on-line forms, or cancel an e-mail before it is sent. Visitors should call us directly at , 712-748-3561 if requests include sensitive or private information, such as account numbers, credit card numbers or social security number. will NEVER ask you for your Personal Identification Number (PIN) for your VISA Check card. If you are asked for this information, please call 712-748-3561 and report it to one of our employees immediately.
Protecting Children. DSB does not knowingly solicit data from children, and we do not knowingly conduct on-line marketing to children. We recognize that protecting children's identities and privacy on-line is important and that the responsibility to do so rests with both the on-line industry and with parents.
myDSB (the “App”)– powered by Fiserv – helps you control your credit and/or debit cards through your mobile device, making it easy to manage your finances on the go.
The App allows you to:
• get balances for your accounts
• manage your money
• view your transactions and statements
• make transfers
• deposit a check
• receive alerts
• manage cards
THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT IN THE APP
Through your use of the Services, we may collect personal information from you in the following ways:
(a) Personal Information You Provide to Us.
• We may collect personal information from you, such as your first and last name, address, e-mail, telephone number, and social security number when you create an account.
• We will collect the financial and transaction information necessary to provide you with the Services, including account numbers, payment card expiration date, payment card identification, verification numbers, and transaction and payment history.
• If you provide feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
• We also collect other types of personal information that you provide voluntarily, such as any information requested by us if you contact us via email regarding support for the Services.
(b) Personal Information Collected from Third Parties. We may collect certain information from identity verification services and consumer reporting agencies, including credit bureaus, in order to provide some of our Services.
(c) Personal Information Collected Via Technology. We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with our Services, our communications, and other online services, such as:
• Device data, such as your computer or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers, language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
• Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
• Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand user activity and patterns.
• Local storage technologies, like HTML5 and Flash, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
• Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
• Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your phone and agree to the collection of your location when prompted by the Services, we will collect location data when you use the Services even when the app is closed or not in use; for example, to provide our fraud detection services. If you do not want us to collect this information, you may decline the collection of your location when prompted or adjust the location services settings on your device.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION COLLECTED IN THE APP
(a) General Use. In general, we use your personal information collected through your use of the Services to respond to your requests as submitted through the Services, to provide you the Services you request, and to help serve you better. We use your personal information, in connection with the App, in the following ways:
• facilitate the creation of, and secure and maintain your account
• identify you as a legitimate user in our system
• provide improved administration of the Services
• provide the Services you request
• improve the quality of experience when you interact with the Services
• send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; and send surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to the Services.
(b) Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
• comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities
• protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and defending legal claims)
• audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies
• enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
• prevent, identify, investigate / deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
(c) Creation of Non-Identifiable Data. The App may create de-identified information records from personal information by excluding certain information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We may use this information in a form that does not personally identify you to analyze request patterns and usage patterns to enhance our products and services. We reserve the right to use and disclose non-identifiable information to third parties in our discretion.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose your personal information collected through your use of the Services as described below.
(c) Authorities and Others. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your personal information, The App may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, for the compliance and protection services described above.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have several choices regarding use of information on the Services.
(a) How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which your web browser communicates. There is currently no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not act in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established, we may revise its policy on responding to these signals.
(b) Access, Update, or Correct Your Information. You can access, update, or correct your information by changing preferences in your account. For additional requests, please contact us.
(c) Opting Out of Email or SMS Communications. If you have signed-up to receive our email marketing communications, you can unsubscribe any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link included at the bottom of the email or other electronic communication. Alternatively, you can opt out of receiving marketing communications by contacting us at the contact information under "Contact Us" below. If you provide your phone number through the Services, we may send you notifications by SMS, such as provide a fraud alert. You may opt out of SMS communications by unlinking your mobile phone number through the Services.
(d) Opting Out of Location Tracking. If you initially consented to the collection of geo-location information through the Services, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. Please note, however, that if you withdraw consent to our collection of location information, you may no longer be able to use some features of the App.
SAFEGUARDS AND RETENTION
We implement reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
The Services are not directed towards individuals under the age of 18, and we do not, through the App, intentionally gather personal information about visitors who are under the age of 18. If a child under 18 submits personal information to us through the App and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 18, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.